“One day at a time” is the best advice my Mum ever gave me.
Happy shiny new day! Woohoo it’s Jan 1st and I am alive and well. Regardless of my “more than my share of red wine” while dancing to help bring this New Year last night, I woke up to a sun-filled sky, I am healthy, however hung over; grateful and excited this New Year, new day is here. A brand new day, our day and our chance to live it. How do you want to live it? The beauty of this question is…we have a choice and the power to do whatever we want.
Now of course I’d love to spend the day with Robert Downey Jr. in our castle in France…but I seem to have misplaced my genie in a lamp. The good news is I do have an incredibly magic superpower that I am willing to share with you that will help you bring whatever you desire closer to you! Ready?
Manifest & Mantras. And I don’t only mean “man”. Plant the seeds of what you want in your head and in your heart, and tend to them every day. Maybe it’s a new job or taking a trip, getting fit, maybe it’s finding your true love or perhaps it’s finding yourself. It can be a thing – like those killer combat boots, a course you’d love to take or learning a new skill like hula hooping; and it can also be a state of mind – like the desire to be calm, to let go of hurt and to trust. All you have to do is choose it, believe it and not stop until you get it.
I’m no guru, nor a magician; but I can speak from experience and this superpower of mind really works. It isn’t always easy – but the good stuff that’s worth the climb never is…and once you make it part of your being, it’s like breathing. A year ago I had a serious bout of anxiety. My body felt like it was being shot with a round of bullets, I’d wake up in the middle of the night with a bolt of electricity running through my veins, my mind spinning out of control to the point I just had to lay still for fear I would break into a million pieces. Long story short; I committed to manifesting calm. I started every day with a mantra, I’d speak it on the way to the bus stop, in the bathroom, sing it in my head, write down in a zillions place and at night meditate and focus on creating my calm. It was so branded in my psyche that those nasty anxiety molecules didn’t have a chance. Sure, it took time, but it worked and not only did I get my anxiety under control and be able to naturally live in a calm state, I learned a lot about myself, my strength, resilience and power. I believe we all have the capacity to do anything if we put our mind to it. And with this newfound superpower, I am manifesting a shit load of awesome sauce stuff for 2017!
If you’d like some help creating a mantra just send me a note…and in the meantime here are a few tips to help you get started!
- Believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that you will do it.
- Create a mantra and say it 100 times a day. For example “I will own a petting zoo.”
- Plant seeds the size of coconuts. Everywhere. Sprinkle belief all over them.
- Reframe everything that you think and say as though it is happening in this moment. Example: I am going to Burning Man.
- Commit whole-heartedly. Come up with a theme song, a daily ritual, post-it note affirmations, visual reminders and trust if you build it, it will come.
- Have real conversations with your dream.
- Star in the block buster movie version of your life.
- Tell everyone what you are going to do. Backer-outers suck.
- When it feels really far away – look over the fence and into the field just past the daisies. See, it’s not that far after all.
- Draw a map. Establish signposts. Set milestones. Treat yourself to good hiking boots because you’re going to go far!
- Recruit believers, cheerleaders and a fan club!